Take steps with us in Vancouver
When: Sunday, May 26, 2013
Where: Lumbermen's Arch, Stanley Park
Walk Day Schedule:
- Walk Route | Map of Walk Site
- 8:30 a.m. – Registration opens. No fee!
- 8:15 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. - Jazzercise session from main stage
- 9:00 a.m. – Visit Global Village tent to see Canadian Dollars at Work
- 10:00 a.m. – Opening Ceremony
- 10:30 a.m. – Warm Up by Team Jazzercise
- 10:40 a.m. – Ribbon cutting & Start of Walk
- 10:45 a.m. – 5 KM Walk to End Global Poverty (Rain or Shine!)
- 11:45 a.m. – Ambassador Recognition and Team Awards
- 1:00 p.m. – Walk results and Official Closing
- All Day – BBQ Lunch, Exotic foods, Tropical snack bar, Global Village Tours, Kids and Team activities, Henna Art, Flip Book Photo Booth and more!
- Entertainment Program - Live performances by Frankie Cena (Mr. World Canada), Tribal Fusion dance, Egyptian Saidi Cane dance & Groove n' Tonic Band.
- 3:30 p.m. – Walk results and End of Entertainment and Program
Getting involved with the World Partnership Walk is easy:
- Create or join a team and multiply the reach of your fundraising efforts
- Register as an individual and raise funds to support the Walk
- Make a donation – of which 100% goes to supporting AKFC programs in Asia and Africa
- Volunteer: Contact us at
for opportunities in your city
Why should you get involved?
100% of the funds raised will go towards supporting Aga Khan Foundation Canada international development projects – not one cent is spent on administration. Read more about Your Dollars at Work and learn how your support is having an impact in the fight against global poverty!
Like us on Facebook to get even more updates from the Walk.
Thank you to our local media sponsors:
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook:
View photos from last year's Walk:
We're celebrating your achievements in this year's Partnership Report!
Raise funds from anywhere!
iPhone users can now download the easy-to-use and free World Partnership Walk App. (Click on the icon to install the App)